THE LIVING WORDS OF CHRIST, THE PSALMS OF MY LIFE

GOD'S LIVING WORD FOR TODAY

Ephesians 6:10-17 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his
mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand
against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood,
but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark
world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full
armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and
after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of
truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,
and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.
In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can
extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of
the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

PSALMS OF JOY CHAPTER 89


1.  Lord God,  You have given me your Spirit __not the spirit of the world __ Your Spirit which so lovingly reveals your gifts of grace and blessing.  Those gifts that reveal your heart and mind toward your beloved. 

2.  The wisdom and scope of Your will and purpose are at times unattainable to me.  I shrink in the contemplation of it.  My spirit is brought to it's knees.  The numberless hosts of heaven who have the joyous freedom of your glorious presence,  yet You give generously of your Holy Spirit which strengthens my heart. 

3.  Be at home in me Lord.  Holy Spirit fill me with songs of praise that my Lord might find joy and rest in my heart.  Let the roots of faith grow deep in me as I come to trust and obey the Word with right use of my will.  Let my will become Yours Lord. 

4.  Even as Your Word declares;  " Help me to know and understand and truly feel, how long, how wide, how deep, and how high Your love really is....and help me Lord to experience that love more deeply, more genuinely and full of unadulterated thanksgiving than I ever have before.

5.  There is no end to Your love, that I should ever see it, know it, or understand it.  But I shall earnestly wait for the fulfilment of Your promise to be filled up with Yourself....You are my hope of glory.

No comments: